Monday, April 13, 2009

4/13/09- Pittsburgh Pirates Home Opener vs. Astros

I had to wake up at 9am, but I was too excited to sleep, but I finally feel asleep around 3:30am. I woke up, got ready, and left my house at 10am. I got to PNC Park around 10:45am, and me and my friend Matt went into PNC Park.



That arrow is pointin' at Matt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got some good pictures in BP.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nate McLouth (its kinda blurry, but I like this picture)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Houston Astros BP


I didn't catch any balls in BP, neither did Matt.
After BP Matt and I went to our seats. All the way up in Section 325. We were in Row Y, which is that last row up there. I like our seats, it was kinda like we had our own row.

This next picture is probably my favorite picture of the day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Both the Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros on the field in the pre-game ceremonies.

Here is a picture of the first pitch from my seat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My camera doesn't take the best pictures that zoom isn't really good on it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
That's Freddy Sanchez at bat in the bottom of the 1st.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
That's Nate McLouth.

Well this next picture is just Pittsburgh tradition.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lance Berkman.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The attendence of the 2009 Pirates home opener.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
38,311 is a pretty good attendence at PNC Park.

The Pirates beat the Astros 7-0. It was a great game to be at. Ryan Doumit and Adam LaRoche both hit their 2nd HR of the season. Zach Duke pitched a 4 hitter, and a complete game. Freddy Sanchez hit 3 Doubles in the game.

I always attend BP to try and catch balls, I sometimes catch a 1 or 2 balls, but I didn't catch any today. When I catch balls at BP or durin' the game I usually just take it home and hit it and lose it, but this year when I caught balls at games I was gonna start a collection. I got the idea from Zack Hample (if you dont know who he is, well you better find out). He has a blog on MLBlogs, and I read it all the time.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great Game those are some good pics

    ReplyDelete