Friday, February 26, 2010

Previews For The 2010 Pirates (and MLB preview)

With only 4 days until the first MLB spring training game, and 5 days for the Pirates. I thought I would post this blog. The roster for the Buccos looks like the same as it was in recent years, but I believe this year there is "hope." Like offseason pickups like, Akinori Iwamura, Bobby Crosby, and Ryan Church they will in my mind be a great addition for the Pirates.

I expect (or like to see this happen)
Garrett Jones with around 30 or 35 Homeruns with around 90-100 RBI's.
Ryan Doumit to play a season WITHOUT any injuries.
Andrew McCutchen to hit 15-20 Homeruns, and many stolen bases, also with around 70 RBI's.
I would LOVE to see Brandon Moss get traded.
Neil Walker to have an excellent year.
Andy LaRoche to start this season on the good side of stats, and not like last year in April when he couldnt hit a pumpkin.
I would like to see our new players play great, become fan favorites, and help us get to .500
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I would absolutely love to see our pitchers play good, and our bullpen not to blow games.
Ross Ohlendorf to have 15 wins, he played good last year with a 11-10 record with a 3.92 ERA.
Paul Maholm to pitch like he did in 2008, last season he was a disappointment in my eyes.
Zach Duke to pitch like he did in 2005! He was also a disappointment last season.

ME AND EVERY OTHER PIRATE FAN WOULD LOVE A SEASON RECORD OF 82-80!

Do the Pirate owners want to see an empty stadium? Or is the team tryin' to get bad enough to make another Major League movie?
Major League 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

Well no matter what happens I will ALWAYS be a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, LETS GO BUCS!
pirates Pictures, Images and Photos

Now, for the MLB preview...
I am a 100% New York Yankees hater. I hope they go down this year.
Tampa Bay Rays will have a year like they did in 2008, when they made it to the World Series.
In the American League the only division where I expect a different divison champion is the AL East. The AL Central and West will probably look exactly the same with the Minnesota Twins and the LA Angles to capture their division crown.
Same with the National League, I expect to see the same division champions as last year (Philadelphia, St.Louis, and Los Angeles.) Wild Card teams in both leagues, I dont know about that, we shall see.

Ok, thanks for reading this post. Another post about Olympic hockey will be after the gold medal hockey game.

No comments:

Post a Comment