Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/13/11- Pirates vs. Brewers (PNC Park)

I got to PNC Park around 3:40. I noticed that access to the Riverwalk was blocked off, then I saw that it was starting to get flooded.
Below: Flooded riverwalk.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was the first one in line, so when the gates opened, I raced down into the bleachers with the other ballhawks behind me. I had the best chance to find Easter eggs, but there weren't any.
Below: Pirates BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Up until the time when the Brewers came out for BP, the sky was overcast, but as soon as the Brewers came out, the sun came out, and I couldn't see anything because I forgot my sunglasses at home.
Below: Brewers BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After I took the picture above, I ran over to center field to look for more Easter eggs, but there weren't any there either. Since I was already over that way, I stayed over in center and right field for Prince Fielder to hit, but he hit ball after ball into the river. It was almost 6, and I didn't have any balls. Then, around 5:50, Brewers pitcher, Mitch Stetter threw me my one and only ball of the day.
After BP was over, I took another picture of the Riverwalk.
Below: Flooded riverwalk.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then I did what I always do after BP (Eat Diamond club pizza, and relax before the game).
The starting pitcher for the Pirates was Kevin Correia.
Below: Kevin Correia.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Game view.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Notice in the picture above? Very low crowd. The attendance was 8,775.
During the game I had the perfect chance for a McCutchen toss-up, but I lost it in the lights, and couldn't come up with the ball, it was just that kind of day.
Below: I thought it looked cool with the moon in the picture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I left the game in the top of the 9th, when I got home I took the two usual pictures.
Below: What I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Close up on the one ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Milwaukee Brewers 6, Pittsburgh Pirates 0.

2011 SEASON STATS
1 ball at this game.
2 balls at 2 games this season.
1 BPG (balls per game)
73 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment