Friday, April 8, 2011

4/7/11- Pirates vs Rockies (PNC Park- Home Opener)

*Sorry for the late update, I was in New York City for the weekend*
So here we go! I was extremely excited for the Pirates home opener, I got to PNC Park around 10 am. All the ballhawks were there, when the gates opened, I ran into the stadium and got into the bleachers (since I am a season ticket holder this year). As soon as I got into the bleachers, I almost got hit by my one and only ball of the day, it was hit by an unknown Pirate.
Below: Pirates BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The bleachers started to get crowded.
Below: Bleachers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I changed into my Rockies gear, and had a unsuccessful BP with them, the outfield was very crowded and nobody could move around.
Below: Rockies BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After BP I went up to my ticketed seat, to see the view, I should have stayed there.
Below: View from seat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Section- 301 Row- H Seat- 8.
The only ball I got at this game was signed by Joel Hanrahan, my favorite Pirates pitcher.
Below: Hanrahan ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I went back down to the bleachers for the game, got a slice of pizza (as always)
Here are some other pictures from the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Everyone on the field.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Game view.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Paul's Posse sign.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I stayed at the game until the 8th, it was too crowded to get another ball. There were people everywhere, I barely watched any of the game, cause I couldn't see over all the people. Like I said above, I should have stayed at my seat. By the time I left the stadium I was really thristy, thankfully people were handing out free Pepsi.
Below: Pepsi Max.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Good stuff.
Below: What I collected at this game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Colorado Rockies 7, Pittsburgh Pirates 1.

Season Stats
1 ball at 1 game this season.
1 BPG (balls per game)
72 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment