Saturday, August 6, 2011

8/5/11- Padres @ Pirates (PNC Park)

Following my 5th shutout of the season, and my strange stats I've put up since the end of June, I was just looking to get on the board early, and get some autographs.
When the gates opened, we ran in, and once again I didn't find any Easter eggs, but I'm pretty sure another ballhawk found one, that doesn't happen much anymore.
I got my first and only ball of the day thrown to me by Jason Grilli.
About a minute after I got that ball the Pirates began leaving the field, as they were, I luckily got Alex Presley to sign my Pirates ball that I've been bringing to games.
And then, when the Padres came out, BP became boring, very boring.
From what I saw, the Padres hit 5 homers ALL of BP. While I was still in the bleachers, I got the Padres all-star closer Heath Bell, to sign my Padres hat. (Which I will display and never wear again).
Then I moved over to sections 139-141 to try for another toss-up. I got Padres pitcher Ernesto Frieri to throw a ball my way, it was thrown directly at me, but I lost it in the sun, and it was a little underthrown.

The Padres won the game 15-5. Now, on Monday as I am writing this, the Padres swept the Pirates. The Pirates are currently on a 10 game losing streak, with a series starting in San Francisco tonight.

SEASON STATS
1 ball at this game.
17 balls at 17 games this season.
1 ball per game.
88 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

By the way, I will miss the Cardinals and Reds series during the next Pirates homestand. I will be in Erie that week, I will be attending another Erie SeaWolves minor league game while I am there. My next MLB game could be August 22nd in Cleveland, but if not. I will be at the Brewers vs. Pirates at PNC the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment