Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Games, One Post

9/7/11 - Astros @ Pirates (PNC Park)
This day was my birthday, I was hoping for a present from the ballhawk gods, and I got it! I snagged three balls at this game.
First, was hit by an unknown Pirate, the ball bounced at the warning track, when I reached over the wall, and it went into my glove.
Second, was hit by Jimmy Paredes, this snag was a ground rule double, that was hit directly at me.
Third, was a toss-up on the Clemente Wall, from Astros coach Doug Brocail.

9/9/11 - Marlins @ Pirates (PNC Park)
Another good day at PNC, snagged four balls.
First, was a toss-up from Marlins pitcher, Brad Hand.
Second, was hit by catcher John Buck, it bounced off a row of bleachers, and I had myself positioned perfectly for the rebound into my glove.
Third, was a toss-up in Section 140, from Burke Badenhop.
Fourth, was hit by John Baker, I was in Section 144, when it was hit very close to me, it looked like it was going higher than it actually did, so I ran up two rows, it orginally fell short, but a lucky bounce near me helped me pick up the ball.

Also, my cousin Josh was at this game, after I snagged the Baker ball, I ran back down to 140, to help Josh get a ball, I got a Marlins pitcher to toss a ball to him, it was either Badenhop or Hensley.

9/13/11 - Cardinals @ Pirates (PNC Park)
This day was slower, but I was content with the two balls I snagged in somewhat weird ways. To start off, I have to say that Cardinals BP is always disappointing, it should be 10 times better than it is, with sluggers with Pujols, Berkman, Holliday, and Molina.
Well, I didn't snag my first ball at this game until around 5:40. It was crazy, I was in 140, I was walking up a few rows where I noticed a ball lodged between a seat, and there was a guy sitting two seats over from it, I don't think he noticed it, well if he would have he would have picked it up, but he just sat there, and then I picked up the ball.
My second ball, was tossed to me by a cop after BP, it was laying on the steps by the bullpen, I asked him if he could grab the ball for me, he did.

SEASON STATS
9 balls at these last 3 games.
26 balls at 21 games this season.
1.24 balls per game.
97 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

*I am obviously three balls away from 100 lifetime, and I will be at 2 of the last 3 Pirates home games, against the Reds, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment