Saturday, July 18, 2009

7/17/09- Pirates vs. Giants

One word will sum up this whole day for me, and that word is FRUSTRATION. Well, first the picture below is a new hotel near PNC Park, and Pittsburgh DOES NOT need it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I had 6 chances to get a ball at this game. Want to know how many I got? Well then read on.
Before I got in line at the gate, I walked into Diamond Club Pizza (yum!) and saw if they were gonna have BP,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and YES they were!
Ok, I usually take pictures of BP of the players who give me a ball, well I had 4 chances to get a ball in BP, and I came up dry. First chance was a ball thrown by Evan Meek went over my head, and some guy came up with it. Second chance was a ball thrown by Garret Jones (Best Pirate right now) went over my head bounced right next to me, and a guy picked up the ball just before I did. Third chance was when the gate to Section 142 opened at 5:30, I looked down into Section 141, and I saw a ball in the front row, so I hurried to Section 141, before anyone else could get the ball, but someone did.Fourth chance was a ball that was by the wall in left field, NO Giants player would pick up the ball, and throw it, so a cop went over picked up the ball, and gave it to a kid. After BP I went to my seat, and it began to rain.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The picture above was taken before the rain started, look at the clouds on the top left corner of the picture. Then around 6:30 it started to rain.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A little bit after 7, they took the tarp of the field.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The new game time was 7:50. The next picture is the first pitch from my seat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Section 127 Row F Seat 13, good seat.
Great seat for foul balls, and a good part of this game was gettin' to see Tim Lincecum pitch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Okay, I moved around THE WHOLE GAME to try and get a ball, I left my seat durin' the stretch, and moved to the left field bleachers to try and get a warm-up ball from Brandon Moss. Well in the 9th (I think) a foul ball was hit.
Guess where it went, into the SECTION 127!!!!!!!!
Also in the 9th, Brandon Moss, threw the warm-up near me, I stuck my glove up in the air, and someone, probably around the same age as me, put his glove in front of mine and caught the ball, so that was 6 chances I had to catch a ball, and I got 0! I was so mad, only because this was my first game in over a month, and I was so sure that I was gonna have a good day. Well it was a good day because the Pirates won the game 2-1, off of 2 Garret Jones solo homeruns! I left in the bottom of the 10th becuase, I was FRUSTRATED that I didnt get a ball all day. I got home before the game ended, and I watched in the 14th when Jones hit that 2nd homerun to win the game.

Season
-7 balls
-5 games
- 1.4 average

Next game, either July 22nd vs. Brewers, or July 31st vs. Nationals, or August 6th vs. Diamondbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment