Monday, April 5, 2010

4/5/10- Pirates vs. Dodgers (2010 Opener)

Went with Matt and Josh.
Game time was 1:35pm
Home opener 2010!
Pirates vs Dodgers
We arrived at the stadium shortly after 10am
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Before we entered the stadium, I took this picture.
When the gates opened I ran into the stadium, my cousin Josh got 2 balls at this game, one was thrown to him by Ross Ohlendorf, and his other ball, I forget who gave it to him.
My first ball of the 2010 season was a BP homerun hit by Garrett Jones, I didnt catch it on the fly, it bounced and I picked it up. I found my second ball in the first row of section 140, it was under the seat and I was surprised that no body else noticed it. After the Pirates finished BP, the Dodgers came out and I switched to my Dodgers shirt and hat.
My Dodgers gear below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I didnt get any balls from Dodgers players.
So I finished the day with 2 balls, pictured below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Before we went up to our seats in section 307, we grabbed some pizza from Diamond club.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BEST PIZZA EVER!
Just like at Penguins games, the Pirates now have a little book that the handout to the fans, its called First Pitch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The picture below is both teams on the field before the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And below is random picture of the scoredboard with the 2010 Opening Day logo.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below is a picture of the first pitch and view from my seat.
Section 307 Row U Seat 4.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Akinori Iwamura on the scoreboard.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Action shot, I believe it was Delwyn Young, I forget.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: A picture of me on the Clemente Bridge, when I was leavin' the stadium
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: A picture of 2 tickets I collected at this game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My ticket is the one on top.

Pirates won 11-5, Garrett Jones hit 2 homeruns, Ryan Doumit also had a homer.
Zach Duke pitched good and got the win. Fans here in Pittsburgh are not big fans on Manny Ramirez, I dont hate him, but I sure dont like him.

2 balls at this game.
2 balls in 1 game this season.
2 balls per game (BPG)

21 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

Link to my page on mygameballs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment