Saturday, June 5, 2010

6/4/10- Pirates vs Giants

Well first off Im gonna ruin the surprise and tell everybody that I got NO BALLS at this game. I got to PNC around 3:50, just like the other night, I was 3rd in line. BP started early today, because of the heavy storms in the forecast. 2 other ballhawks, and I spent some time on the Riverwalk, to try and snag a BP blast. Nick Pelescak got 2 balls down there, I ended up with none. When the gates opened at 5, there was no players on the field, cause BP ended just before 5. I looked for balls, and found none.
Below: Field view from 140.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At 5:30 when all the other sections were opened, me and a few other ballhawks, raced up the steps to try and find some balls, I ALMOST found one, but I walked right past it and another ballhawk picked it up. Around 6, I got my usual PNC Park dinner, pictured below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then it began to rain, and the tarp came out.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Weather announcement on the scoreboard
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As the rain kept comin' down,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
these started to show on the field.
Around 9:30, the Pirates decided to start the game at 10. And the tarp was taken off the field.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Neil Walker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At 10, the game began.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Before the 2nd, I tried to snag a toss-up ball from Garrett Jones in Section 144(?) right before he threw it, an usher asked me to leave the section.
After that, I decided to accept the shut-out and go home.
When I got home I took the usual picture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
0 balls at this game.
13 balls in 7 games this season.
1.86 balls per game (BPG)
32 LIFETIME/26 CAREER BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment