Monday, February 14, 2011

2/11/11- Penguins @ Islanders (Nassau Coliseum)

It starts on Friday morning, at 6 in the morning to be exact, I was on a tour bus on my way to New York City. With rest stops, stops for food, and traffic, I missed most of warm-ups at Nassau Coliseum. Our hotel was right next to the arena, so when we all arrived at the hotel around 6:30, I took my suitcase into the lobby, grabbed my jersey, put it on and ran over to the arena. Quickly, I took a picture of the arena.
Below: Nassau Coliseum
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I got there just in time to take a picture of warm-ups.
Below: Warm-ups
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then I got a nice picture during the national anthem.
Below: During the National Anthem
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And I took a picture of the opening faceoff plus view from my seat.
Below: Faceoff, view from my seat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Section- 221 Row- L Seat- 3
I randomly decided to take a picture of the scoreboard, because this arena is older and I thought it looked cool, makes me miss Mellon Arena.
Below: Scoreboard
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As you can probably tell from the picture, the score was only 1-0 at this point, before the Islanders went crazy, and the boxing match started.
Then a penalty shot was given to the Islanders, so I decided to make a video of it, watch it below.

At the 1st intermission, I took a quick picture of the concourse, because I thought the arena had a minor league/high school/college vibe. Plus, the whole was small.
Below: Concourse
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I didn't take any pictures of the fights, brawls, scraps, because I was too focused on that, and listening to all the penalties that were given. This is something you never see, and after the Islanders scored their 9th goal, I somewhat wanted to see them score a 10th goal, it would have been somewhat sweet to see that. After the game, I took another picture of the scoreboard with the final score.
Below: Scoreboard again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The next morning before I headed to Manhattan, I took a better picture of Nassau Coliseum.
Below: Nassau Coliseum
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: What I collected at this game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Islanders won 9-3 in this "wrestling match" I would like to list all the goals, penalties from this game, but that would take a while, so I'm going to take the easy route, and put a link below about the game.
Game recap from the Penguins website (click here)
A total of 346 penalty minutes from this game, that is crazy. The attendance at this game was 12,888. Even though, the arena was small and sort of to get to, I liked the arena, like I said before, it had a minor league vibe, which I like.
*Stay tuned for the next two posts*

No comments:

Post a Comment