Friday, May 20, 2011

5/20/11- Tigers @ Pirates (PNC Park)

Well to start off some bad luck, a few days before this game my phone broke, so I was having a little bit of bad luck. Well I got to the stadium around 4:10, got an extra ticker for my friend, and got in line. I spend a few minutes on the Riverwalk with two other ballhawks, and when I got back up to the gate there was a huge line waiting to get in the stadium, thankfully I was up front. When the gates opened we all raced down to the bleachers and my friend Matt snagged a ball right away. For the first half hour the bleachers weren't empty, but weren't packed either.
Below: Bleachers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I had a couple very good opportunities to snag a ball, but I couldn't come up with it. During the first 30 minutes, I saw atleast 3 balls hit into the center field sections, my plan was to run over before 5:30 and pick them up, but when I got over there, the ushers had already picked up all of the balls. I stayed over in there for a while, but no luck, I had one chance to snag a ball. Then I went back over to the bleachers. The bleachers had mostly Tiger fans there, so it was useless to ask for a toss up.
Below: Bleachers again
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BP ended, and I was shutout. I was hoping to get a toss up from a Pirate outfielder, or a game HR ball, but I couldn't come up with one. My streak of 22 straight games with a ball is over, well I'm going to start a new start Tuesday night.
Below: What I collected at this game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Neil Walker had a great game with 5 RBI's
Final Score : Detroit Tigers 1, Pittsburgh Pirates 10.

SEASON STATS
0 balls at this game.
5 balls at 5 games this season.
1 BPG (balls per game)
76 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment