Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5/24/11- Braves @ Pirates (PNC Park)

After getting shutout on Friday against the Tigers, I wanted to get back on track with a quick start against the Braves. I got to the stadium around 4, and got in line, played catch with two other ballhawks (Zac Weiss and Baseball Joe) and around 4:30, I went down to the Riverwalk with Nick and Erik, they both got a ball down there, but I came up empty.
When the stadium opened, we all rushed down to the bleachers, looked for Easter eggs, I didn't find any, but right away I snagged a ball the bounced around, and landed on a bleacher. I picked up the ball right before a younger kid got there, I took a quick look at the ball, and handed it to the kid. About 2 minutes later, James McDonald threw me a ball for my 2nd ball of the day in just under 5 minutes. Then after that, an unknown Pirate batter hit a ball that cleared the bleachers, and rolled into a kiosk, I ran there, but the ball wasn't there, the ball completely rolled through it, and I couldn't come up with the ball, then at that time, the Pirates got off the field, at 5:09. I quickly changed into my Braves shirt. Ran over to center field to look for balls, none where there.
Below: Braves BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Braves had the Angels 50th anniversary balls, sadly I couldn't come up with one.
I went back over to the bleachers, they were getting packed.
Below: Bleachers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After BP, I relaxed and eat some good PNC Park food, no joke, I love it.
The bleachers were strangely packed for a Tuesday night game in May, probably because the large amount of Braves fans that were in attendance.
Below: Bleachers during the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I stayed for most of the game, the Pirates were shutout, the game had great pitching.
Final score: Atlanta Braves 2, Pittsburgh Pirates 0.
Below: What I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Up close on the one ball that I kept.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
2 balls at this game (one ball given to a kid)
7 balls at 6 games this season.
1.17 BPG (balls per game)
78 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment