Saturday, May 1, 2010

2010 MLB: April Review

After every month, I will make a post about the month in review, and here is the month of April in review.
I will start out with the division leaders.
AL East - Tampa Bay Rays 17-6 (9-1 on the road!)
AL Central - Minnesota Twins 15-8
AL West - Los Angeles Angels 12-12!
NL East - New York Mets 14-9
NL Central - St.Louis Cardinals 15-8
NL West - San Diego Padres 15-8

Are there any surprises?
Yes, one of the surprises are the San Diego Padres, they are currently in first in the NL West, I did not think that would happen, even though its on May 1, and we have a long way to go this season, the Padres are lookin' good, and I now believe that the Padres can be contenders. Another surprise, the Washington Nationals, all I have to say is that, they will get better when Steven Stausburg(did I spell that right?) is called up to the majors.

And now about my team, the always wonderful, Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates are currently 10-13, thats good in my mind, if the Pirates did not have that 7-game skid, they would have a record above .500. I do not really think there are any surprises on the Pirates, because the bullpen is still playin' the same as years past, and the offense, is good at times and its bad at times.

Best and Worst
The team with the best record in baseball right now, Tampa Bay Rays, as you see above the Rays are 17-6, with a 9-1 record on the road! That is great, I cheer for the Rays, and say that they are my second favorite team, this seems like the year, that the Rays make it back into the playoffs, and head to the World Series, just like in 2008. The Rays' 9-1 road record will help them in the long run, if they continue to play excellent baseball on the road.
And now the worst,
Right now, the worst record in baseball belongs to the Baltimore Orioles. In my eyes, this really does not surprise me(Sorry, Oriole fans.) The current Baltimore record is 5-18. Baltimore's 2-8 home record, is not good for the home fans.

Okay, that is all for the month of April review. Yeah, I know I could have put more, but I think its enough for now, because I am lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment