Tuesday, May 4, 2010

5/4/10- Pirates vs Cubs

Had a great day.
I bought a cheap ticket, and got in line. I went down to the Riverwalk, with 2 other ballhawks. Here was my view from the riverwalk.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
There was literally no balls hit there, expect one that bounced about 5 feet in front of me, I couldn't make a play on it, because there was 2 guys walkin' by, and almost hit one guy in the head, he just kept on walkin'.
A fellow ballhawk, Nick Pelescak got me into the bleachers again, just like last game I was at. My first ball was thrown to me John Russell. My 2nd ball came to me, just before 5:30, it was hit by an unknown Pirate, the ball bounced right before the wall, and I grabbed it as it bounced into the first row of the bleachers.
Below: Pirates BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: The bleachers from 5-5:30.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pretty empty, that is always good.
My 3rd ball was it by Derrek Lee (I think), it went over my head, and I turned around and picked it up. Then I went over to section 140, and I got ball number 4 on the day, it was thrown by Cubs pitcher Randy Wells.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My 5th ball of the day, was thrown to me by an unknown Cubs player.
I found my 6th ball of the day, in the ivy in center field. Check out the picture below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And below are some pictures of the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: The view from my seat, Section 303 Row J Seat 10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was at my seat for like 5 minutes, before I started to walk around the stadium.
Below: The view from the top of the rotunda in Left field.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: View from the Hall of Fame club.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Pirates Win! 3-2!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I took a small radio to the game with me, so I could listen to the Penguins game, which the Pens won 2-0, and take a 2-1 lead in the series over Montreal.
When I got home, I took this final picture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My ticket is the top one.

SEASON STATS
6 balls at this game
9 balls in 3 games this season.
3 balls per game (BPG)

28 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment