Thursday, July 14, 2011

2011 MLB All-Star Week Review

Here is my late recap of All-Star week.
HR DERBY
It seems like every year the player I pick to win the HR derby always gets eliminated in the first round. To aviod that again, I picked two players this year, Rickie Weeks and Jose Bautista, but still they lose in the first round.
So next year I might pick four players, but my luck they will be the four that get eliminated in the first round.
Well, Robinson Cano won the 2011 HR derby with a total of 32 HRs.

All-Star Game
The NL won the All-star game for the second year in a row, after that long losing streak.
The final score was 5-1, Prince Fielder was named MVP, which was the first All-star game HR hit by a Milwaukee Brewer.

The winning pitcher was Tyler Clippard from the Nationals, the losing pitcher was CJ Wilson from the Rangers, and the Giants' Brian Wilson got the save.

Also, I was happy to see three Pirates players on the All-star roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment