Thursday, July 21, 2011

7/18/11- Reds @ Pirates (PNC Park)

Okay this is my first game after the All-star break, and like I've been wanting for a while I wanted to have a big day.
Would I have it today?
No.
First, I was down on the riverwalk hoping for a Pirates lefty to hit one out, but Pedro Alvarez is the only one who can ever hit them out, but he still isn't back in Pittsburgh yet from his injury. Once again, nothing came out.
Meanwhile, a huge strom was coming through Pittsburgh, it didn't even rain at the stadium, there was a little mist.
Then, once the gates opened, the tarp was on the field and BP was cancelled.
GREAT!
At 5:30, I went to the first base side, where there was Reds pitchers warming up. For a second, I thought Mike Leake was going to hand me the ball he was throwing with, but he handed it to a kid that was standing next to me, I didn't even see the kid.
The tarp remained on the field, but it didn't start to rain at the stadium until after 6! BOTH TEAMS COULD HAVE HAD A FULL BP!!!
Since the death of the fan in Texas, who was reaching for a ball that was thrown by Josh Hamilton, the Pirates no longer throw the warm-up balls into the crowd.
The game eventually got under way after 8. The game was delayed in the top of the 1st, so I left hoping that the game would be postponed and played another day, so I could aviod the shutout, but the game was played and I had my 4th shutout of the season.

SEASON STATS
0 balls at this game.
15 balls at 14 games this season. (WOW! I need to step it up BIG TIME!)
1.07 balls per game.
86 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment