Monday, January 31, 2011

Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NHL All-Star Weekend, And Penguins

I have 4 topics to cover in one post, so here I go!

1) Super Bowl- In my playoff predictions, I went 5-5. Of course, since I am a Steelers fan, I'm definitely picking the Steelers to win. The Packers are a very good team with Aaron Rodgers, his passing against the Steelers secondary should be interesting to see. Anyway this year is stairway to seven, or knocking on seven's door, however you want to say it for the Steelers.
My predicted score
Steelers 27 - Packers 21

2) Pro Bowl- I didn't even watch the Pro Bowl, its not very interesting to me. I saw on TV that the score was 42-0 or something like that at one point, and I know the NFC won.

3) NHL All-Star Weekend- I did watch the NHL All-Star game, and the Superskills. I didn't like the fantasy draft idea though, I'm one of the few NHL fans in the world that didn't like it. The skills competition has always been my favorite of the All-Star weekend, and this year was great. Zdeno Chara, of the Boston Bruins, broke his record with 105.9 mph slap shot!
*Here is a video from YouTube of the shot

And for the game itself, Team Lidstrom beat Team Staal 11-10. For more information on the game click here for the Wikipedia page of the All-Star game.

4) Pittsburgh Penguins January Review
In January the Penguins had a record of 6-4-1, and now have a record of 31-15-4 (66 points) this season.
Current Stat Leaders
Goals - Sidney Crosby (32)
Assists - Crosby/Letang (34)
Points - Sidney Crosby (66)
+/- - Kris Letang (22)
Penalty Minutes - Engelland/Rupp (76)
Shots - Evgeni Malkin (179)

Crosby's injury kept him out for almost all of the month, and only recorded 1 point. Steven Stamkos passed Crosby in the goals lead and points. Hopefully, Crosby can get back in the lineup soon. Also Evgeni Malkin will be back soon, he will not play against the Rangers.

*By the way, I leave for New York for two Penguins games on the 11th!
Lets Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment