Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/1/11 - Penguins vs Capitals (Heinz Field- 2011 Winter Classic)

I was lucky, I got a ticket for the 2011 Winter Classic, and was more excited than I have ever been. The day finally came, at first I was upset that the NHL delayed the game from 1pm to 8pm, but after I thought about it. It seemed like the best idea for 2 reasons. First reason, is that I would get to sleep in, and not have to wake up extremely early. The second reason is that it would the at night.
When we first got to Heinz Field, we walked around outside for a few minutes to see the festivities going on. Like a Pittsburgh area band called Radio Tokyo.
Below: Radio Toyko on stage.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once we got into the stadium, and got to our seats, I took this picture.
Below: Winter Classic logo on the scoreboard.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Soon after my cousin and I got to our seats, we saw a few Flyers fans walking up the steps.
Below: Flyers fans.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And when the players came out for warm-ups, I recorded this.

And here is a picture from warm-ups
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The next 2 pictures, I took during the USA and Canada national anthems.
Below: Canada's flag in the crowd.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: USA flag in the crowd.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And finally the game started...
Below: Faceoff view from my seat.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Section 530, Row Z, Seat 4.
That was the only picture that I took during the game, sorry about that. I wasn't thinking about taking more pictures, I should of though.
The attendence was 68,111. Also I found the 2011 Winter Classic wikipedia page. Click here too see it.
After the game ended, my cousin took this picture for me.
Below: Me after the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
When I got home, I took the pictures I usually take after a sporting event (I know, same routine!)
Below: What I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Upclose on my ticket.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Since I collect ticket stubs, I have alot of them, but this one is my favorite.
Even though the Penguins lost, I had a great time at the Winter Classic, it is a once in a lifetime experience. I'm happy and lucky that I got to go! The final score was 3-1 Capitals.
GOALS
Pittsburgh
Evgeni Malkin, his 14th, assisted by Kris Letang and Marc-Andre Fleury.
Washington
Mike Knuble, his 9th, assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Mike Green.
Eric Fehr, his 6th, assisted by Marcus Johansson and Jason Chimera.
Eric Fehr, his 7th (2nd of the game), assisted by Jason Chimera and John Erskine.

Three Stars
3rd - Evgeni Malkin
2nd - Eric Fehr
1st - Seymon Varlamov


Also, since I couldn't make a post for the Penguins stat leaders at the end of December, I'm going to add it below.

Goals - Sidney Crosby (32)
Assists - Sidney Crosby (33)
Points - Sidney Crosby (65)
+/- - Kris Letang (20)
Penalty Minutes - Deryk Engelland (76)
Shots - Sidney Crosby (159)

No comments:

Post a Comment