Tuesday, June 28, 2011

6/24/11- Red Sox @ Pirates (PNC Park)

Sorry for the late update, I've been busy the last couple days. Also I'm sorry that this will be another pictureless post.

But here we go...
I was excited to see the Boston Red Sox play for the first time in person, also since I was shutout in my last game, I was hoping for a big day, even though I knew it would be a packed stadium.
I was happy to get on the board early, with a toss-up from Pedro Ciriaco, two minutes after we got in.
When the Red Sox came out, it started to rain, I started to think that BP would be stopped, but Boston kept hitting, and I was happy.
When David Ortiz was hitting, he hit a ball directly toward me, I put my arm up as high as I could, but the ball when over my glove.
I was told it barely went over my glove, and I couldn't turn around to get the ball in time.
I also had a chance to get a ball that was hit by JD Drew, but it was picked up by someone else, just before I could grab it off a seat.

As for the game, I had a chance for a toss-up from Andrew McCutchen, I lost it in the lights, and some lady ended up with it, she handed the ball to me, but since someone else in the stand had possession of the ball before me, I couldn't count it, so I quickly gave it to a young girl, who was extremely happy to have a baseball.

Also I was happy that the Pirates won the game, and then took 2 of 3 from the Boston Red Sox.

SEASON STATS
1 ball at this game.
14 balls at 11 games this season.
1.27 balls per game.
85 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment