Monday, June 15, 2009

6/15/09- Penguins Victory Parade!

My cousin Josh came down from Columbiana, Ohio to go to the parade with me. We left my house a little after 9am, and we got to Pittsburgh around 9:45. We first got food to eat at Wendy's, and after we ate we walked around Pittsburgh, and we went over to PNC Park and bought 2 tickets for the August 6th game vs. Arizona Diamondbacks. After we bought those tickets we went to find a decent spot to watch the parade from, so we got as close to the screen as we could, and there were people everywhere.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yes I mean everywhere.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I heard that there were an estimated 350,000 people at the parade, thats more people than at Woodstock!

Before the parade had started my cousin Josh was interviewed by a guy from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, and he will be in the paper.

Below are some of the pictures I took at the parade.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Awesome sign (Nossa 0-2)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fedotenko, Kennedy, and Staal
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Prince of Wales trophy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Adams and Letang
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Malkin and the Conn Smythe trophy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Crosby and Fleury with the Stanley Cup
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now thats a cool bus.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and the stage.

Also after the parade while walkin' around Pittsburgh for a little bit, there was a guy with a really cool sign.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Really awesome. The only cup Hossa is gonna touch is Zetterberg's.

The parade was awesome even though I could barely see, and Josh could not see at all, but still took some good pictures. It was a hot day, some people passed out, and I heard that there was a fight. Next year "when" the Penguins go back to back and win the cup again, I will be downtown for the parade at like 6am.

Also I made a video of the crowd, and me with the Lets Go Pens chant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loCf8j_9hjc

Lets Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment