Friday, September 24, 2010

9/24/10- Pirates vs Astros (PNC Park)

Went to this game, even though I was feeling sick the whole day. When I got to the stadium, I went down to the Riverwalk outside of the stadium with fellow ballhawk Nick Pelescak. I searched the grass down there and found a old wet dirty ball, the first one I've found down there, and I was happy because I was on the board, before the stadium opened. When the stadium opened I ran over to Section 140, and got a ball tossed to me by Ryan Doumit. And then a few minutes later, I got a ball hit by Brandon Moss. I was very happy, I got 3 balls very quickly, and I was feeling good now. But then things began to slow down when the Astros came out, I missed a few balls hit my way.
Below: Astros BP in Left field.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Over in Left field, I caught a ball on the fly by reaching over a row, hit by an unknown Astro. And that was my 4 balls for the game, good day.
After BP, while waiting for autographs from the Pirates bullpen, the team made the announcement for the Pirates minor league players of the year.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then I got All-star Evan Meek to sign one of my 4 balls.
Below: Meek signed ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I stayed til about the bottom of the 7th, and went home.
When I got home I took the 2 usual pictures.
Below: Everything I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Upclose on the 4 balls.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
4 balls at this game.
48 balls at 25 games this season.
1.92 balls per game (BPG)
68 TOTAL LIFETIME BASEBALLS

No comments:

Post a Comment