Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19/10- Pirates vs Brewers (First Game HR!)

Sorry, to spoil the surprise, but as you see in the title, I got my first game HR at this game.
I went to this game with my buddy Matt, we arrived at the stadium around 3:30, I was the forth person in line. The weather looked shaky, it rained for like 2 minutes before the stadium opened, thankfully the rain would hold off til after BP.
Below: Brewers BP
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I only got one ball at BP at this game, it was a ground rule double hit by an unknown Brewer, it bounced up into the row behind where I was, and I turned around and grabbed it. After BP, I did my usual routine. Me and Matt had bleacher general admission tickets (that's the only tickets I buy).
Below: Pitcher for this game, Jeff Karstens.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: A little ball that the Pirate Parrot hits into the crowd before the game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Then, the rain came. Here are 3 pictures of the tarp goin' on the field, then it comin' off, and then the clean-up process.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Okay, well here's the story about my first HR, in the top of the sixth, I was standin' above the lower bleachers, when Rickie Weeks hit a long fly to left, I ran halfway down the steps, when the ball bounced in the 3rd or 4th row, when it bounced some guy without a glove tried to get the ball, but he dropped it, when I reached down and I picked it up. I couldn't believe it at first, I just got my first game HR ball, I ran around and shouted like a little kid on Christmas.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE HOMERUN!

It was Rickie Weeks' 78th career HR.
After I got the ball, me and Matt walked over by section 140, and he took this picture for me, with my first game HR ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We left shortly after.
When I got home, I took the 2 usual pictures.
Below: Everything I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Close up on the Rickie Weeks HR ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
2 balls at this game.
20 balls at 11 games this season.
1.82 balls per game (BPG)
39 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

Search Amazon.com for mlb jerseys authentic

No comments:

Post a Comment