Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/21/10- Pirates vs Brewers

I arrived at PNC Park around 3pm.
Before the gates opened, I went down to the riverwalk outside of the stadium, to look for some balls in the grass. I didn't find any, but there was a young kid around 8 or 9, that found one. When the stadium opened at 5, I raced over to section 140, and quickly while there was nobody around, I saw a ball that was hit to Brad Lincoln, and I yelled his name, he turned around and threw me first and only ball of the day.
Below: Brad Lincoln and Gary Varsho.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The rest of BP was all missed opportunities.
Below: Bleachers at 5:40
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
As you can see, the bleachers were packed, so I was only over there for a few minutes, before I went back over to center field, the Brewers are good for BP, because they hit well, but they don't throw many balls into the crowd, I only saw 2 balls thrown into the crowd.
After BP was over, I went to the Songwhale stand and I won 2 free tickets to the August 6th game vs Colorado, one of those tickets I put up for sale on Stubhub.
Below: Zach Duke
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The other night, when I got my first game HR ball, hit by Rickie Weeks, he is now my favorite Brewer. Here's his picture on the scoreboard.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I left the game in the 8th.
When I got home, I took the 2 usual pictures.
Below: Everything I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Close up on my 1 ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
1 ball at this game.
21 balls at 12 games this season.
1.75 balls per game (BPG)
40 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

But this post isn't over yet...
The Pirates offense EXPLODED once again in this game.
The Pirates won 15-3, scored 6 runs in the 4th, had 18 hits, Delwyn Young hit his 4th HR of the season (which I had a chance of gettin' that ball, but it was one of my 4 missed chances at this game) and also Young had 5 RBI's. Pedro Alvarez hit 2 more HR's in this game, and had 3 RBI's. I hope the Pirates offense can stay like this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment