Friday, July 30, 2010

7/28/10- Nationals vs Braves (Nationals Park- Day 2)

DAY 2 AT NATIONALS PARK!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And this would be a big day...
Me and my cousin were the first ones in line, and then Erik Jabs, a ballhawk from Pittsburgh, showed up as well. About 15 minutes before the gates opened, they security told everybody to move into one big line. Me and my cousin got as close as we could to the front again.
When the gates opened, me and my cousin raced into the left field seats to look for easter eggs, but the Nationals haven't even hit before that, so there were none, so we both went over to right field for all of BP again. I didn't get a ball from Strasburg, but below is a picture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Me and Josh both got our first ball of the day from Doug Slaten of the Nationals. Then I got my second ball of the day from a Nationals trainer, I yelled "Can I get a toss up please?" He looked at me and threw directly to me. Then a few minutes after that, I got a toss up from Nationals outfielder, Mike Morse.
Braves BP, was much less crowded than the day before.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After I took that picture, I got my 4th ball of the day, a toss up from Matt Diaz.
Below: Matt Diaz
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
That was all for BP.
Since it was very hot at this game, Coca-Cola set up this thing below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Since there wasn't 40,000 at this game today, me and my cousin sat in the outfield instead of our ticketed seats.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Near the end of this game, I took the picture below of ex-Pirate Matt Capps.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After the final out, I asked Jim Lett, of the Nationals, to throw me a ball up, he did, and that was my 5th and final ball of the day.
When I got back to my hotel, I took the 2 usual pictures.
Below: Everything I collected on day 2.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Upclose and fancy on my 5 balls.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
5 balls at this game.
30 balls at 15 games this season.
2 ball per game (BPG)
49 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

But this post isn't done yet!
Below: Everything I collected on both days at Nationals Park.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Also, a video of Livan Hernandez in the bullpen before the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment