Friday, July 23, 2010

7/23/10- Pirates vs Padres

I got to PNC Park at 3, it was hot out, I mean extremely hot. Luckily I had water.
I stayed in the shade as much as I could at this game.
When the gates opened at 5, I ran over to section 140/141 to get some balls from the Pirates, but the Pirates weren't out there, they decided not to have BP.
Below: The field
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
That's why the Pirates are in last place, they don't practice enough.
As you can in the picture above, there are Padres players on the field, they began BP shortly after I took this picture. My first ball, was hit my Adrian Gonzalez, the balls bounced off a rail and I reached under the gate to grab the ball. FYI, Gonzalez blasted balls at BP, that's why he's one of my favorite MLB players.
Below: Gonzalez BP HR ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look at the ball! Its like the perfect ball, no marks or anything. Excellent.
At 5:30, I went over to the bleachers and got Mat Latos to sign the Gonzalez ball.
Below: Ball with Latos' signature with him in the background.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I wasn't over in the bleachers for long, I went up above the Clemente wall. Where I had Padres coach Darren Balsley to toss me a ball up.
That was all for BP.
Durin' the game, I took a picture of Adrian Gonzalez on the scoreboard. Pictured below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The 2nd ball I got at this game, I got signed by former Pirates catcher Manny Sanguillen(I don't know if I spelled that right). Pictured below.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Above his name, it says "cool beans" if you wanted to know.
I left in the 8th, because I was gettin' tired and my legs started to hurt. When I got home I took the 2 usual pictures.
Below: Everything I collected.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Below: Upclose on the 2 balls.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SEASON STATS
2 balls at this game.
23 balls at 13 games.
1.77 balls per game (BPG)
42 LIFETIME BASEBALLS

...Wait! This is an update! I got a new glove!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Search Amazon.com for mlb jerseys authentic

1 comment: